I Am 4 Weeks Post Op Tt and I'm a Lil Concern. Looks Like I Have an Opening Around my Insicion? (photo)

I am 4 weeks post op tt and I'm a lil concern. Around my Insicion I have wat looks like an opening not to sure if that is normal. I did go see me physician yesturday and he said it looks good. But I don't knw I'm still worried how it looks. My tt around my waist looks closed except my front part. Now I am swollen on my pelvic area which I hate byt I knw its a slow recovery. Can someone Please let me know if this is nor mal or not... I'm really worried.

Looks Like I Have an Opening Around my Incision?

+2

This appears to be a limited dehiscence (breakdown) of the incision. It looks rather superficial as well as I can tell on a photo alone. Some surgeons might have trimmed the blackened area in the office, but  I would not criticize a surgeon who did not do so. 

This photo is too close up to allow comment on the other issues you present. 

The incision can be expected to heal uneventfully,  and I expect it will be all closed in 2-4 more weeks. Follow with your surgeon. 

All the best. 

I Am 4 Weeks Post Op Tt and I'm a Lil Concern. Looks Like I Have an Opening Around my Insicion?

+1

Although your concern is understandable, superficial separation of the incision line after tummy tuck surgery can occur and usually heals without  affecting the long-term outcome of the procedure.  This healing process may take a few weeks to occur. Usually, re- suturing is not necessary and may expose you to the risk of infection…

Close follow-up with your plastic surgeon (and patience) will be important.

Best wishes;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the coming of procedure.  

Separation of incision after tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question and pictures.  It does appear that you have at least a superficial separation of your incision line.  This type of complication does occur occasionally and it usually heals well with simple wound care.  Make sure you follow up with your surgeon frequently as the wound may need some occasional debridements (removal of unhealthy tissue) to speed the healing process.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD

+1

This is an example of wound edge healing issues that are easily treated by local wound care, IPL red laser, time, or other modalities. Best to follow your surgeon's advise. 

Wound separation following an abdominoplasty

+1

You have a wound separation that can be due to several factors including tension, swelling and marginal necrosis.  You should continue to follow instructions from your plastic surgeon.  It will take some time for this to heal but it will heal and if the scar is excessive then you may need a scar revision. 

Not Normal.

+1

Thank you for your pictures. It appears that you have a small the wound separation. This is not normal. This need to be addressed by your plastic surgeon. Maybe as simple as gentle debridement and some dressing changes to stimulate healing.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Incision opening after tummy tuck

+1

After four weeks the 'normal' incision is well approximated, clean and dry. You should keep in contact with your surgeon for instruction for care and ask further about what 'good' should be.

Minor wound healing issues after abdominoplasty almost always heal spontaneously.

+1

You do have a wound issue. With proper one care it should heal without any long-term consequences.