I'm 2 Weeks Post-op, Are the Appearance of my Breast Now Basically What They'll End Up Looking Like? (photo)

I've had breast aug 2 weeks ago. I have smooth round high profile 350cc silicone gel implants. I've posted my concerns as captions to my photos. I've addressed my concerns/issues to my PS when I went for my first week post-op visit and he said it was still too early, that I have to give them time to settle. He also said that the indentation would self-correct with time. What they look like now, is that an idea of the final result? Will the "massaging" exercises help?

Is this my final result? Had a breast augmentation 2 weeks ago.

+3

I know it's difficult but try to be patient because at two weeks post-op, it's too soon to tell what your final result will be.  What I can tell you is that it can take several months (up to 6) for your implants to settle.  During that time, the appearance will change and many of your concerns should correct on their own.  Also keep in mind that no one has perfectly symmetrical breasts, so you are likely to have a slight asymmetry especially if you had it pre-operatively.  Follow your surgeon's post op instructions and continue to follow up with your PS.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant final position

+3

I tell my patients to wait 2-3 months in order to see the final results of their breast augmentation.  This allows time for the swelling to resolve and for the implants to settle.

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_BreastAugmentation_865362.aspx

Results

+3

It is far too early to assess your results.The always is some aspect of what you see now will be true in the end, but you need to wait 3-6 months

Two Weeks Post Op Breast Augmentation

+2

There is no doubt that it's too soon to tell final result. The breasts will change subtly over the next several months. I don't take "after" pictures until my patients are at least six months out. Furthermore, should a revision be needed I still encourage a six month waiting period. I know it's a new experience for you but be patient and keep up with your regular visits with your PS. 

Early in Breast Augmentation Recovery

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.

Yes, at 2 weeks post op, it is early and things will continue to change as you heal, the swelling subsides and the implants settle.  Please be patient and follow the instruction of your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Too early to be concerned of the appearance

+2

2 weeks is far too early to be concerned about the shape of your breasts. Swelling is still in affect and your pectoral muscles are still trying to accommodate their new "friends". Give it some time. Also, if your PS suggested massage, then follow his/her direction or ask your PS about massaging if it wasn't mentioned at all. Happy Healing!

Breasts are likely to change considerably even at two weeks after breast augmentation.

+2

Postoperative swelling creates shape irregularities of the breast. It may take a number of weeks or even months for the final result to be settled.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Time will do its work...

+2

its to early do define the final result. however preop pics are the ideal way to see how you where. i agree in the 3 to 6 months for final results. 

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Are the Appearance of my Breast Now Basically What They'll End Up Looking Like?

+2

It is not useful to comment on modest amounts of asymmetry without the ability to see preop photos as well as the current appearance. ]

It is quite common to see asymmetry this early in patients who wind up looking quite even by 3-6 months. The pectoral muscles will relax to accommodate the implants over that time period, and each will do so at its own pace, often the one on the "handed" side taking longer. 

The 3rd and 4th photos are a bit too dark to make out whether or not there is any irregularity. Small ones often stretch out.

All the best. 

Breast augmentation and changes with time.

+1

It is natural for patients to want to know the "long term" results as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, a breast augmentation takes several months before the "final" results are seen. Swelling, breast tightness, capsule formation, and scar maturation are processes that take time to resolve. Following your Plastic Surgeon's instructions and being patient is the best advice for you at this time.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon