I will be six weeks post op on the 19th. I have a new pain around my belly button, is it normal?

I will be 6 weeks post op on Wednesday. I am encountering a pain on the right side of my belly button. It hurts when I try to stand up. I don't have a bulge and I don't feel anything strange. It feels like something is lodged in there causing pain. Is this normal

+1
Pain 6 weeks after surgery is not uncommon.  However, since it is a new development, it is more concerning and need to be seen by your surgeon.  It may be an infection, suture abscess, or simply normal development during your healing phase.  Your surgeon can determine this.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Pain 6 weeks post TT

+1
This is a fairly common finding. It usually is your body telling you that you are doing too much. You want to back off a little on activity if you can. You may want to wear a support spanx or similar to add some support for a few weeks. The best is to discuss things with your surgeon so they can evaluate you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Tummy Tuck

+1
As Dr. Rao noted below, it's best to have your surgeon examine you. New pain developing a month and a half after a tummy tuck is not unusual. In the absence of other findings, the cause is usually the abdominal skin nerves "turning back on."

William McClure, MD

Belly button pain after tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question. It is hard to know whether the pain that you are describing is normal. I think it is best to have your plastic surgeon examine and make sure that there is not a reason for your discomfort. It is not untypical to still have discomfort a few weeks after a tummy tuck. It could be related to your belly button or possibly from the muscle plication. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon