6 Weeks Post Op This Sunday. Is This CC, a Tight Pocket or Tight Muscle? Zero Breast Tissue and Triathlete/marathoner? (photo)

250cc's over for 25 years. Bilateral capsulectomy 2 years ago due to CC, and left them out for that time. BA unders 350cc's. Lots of scar tissue in right breast. It was cleaned out as much as doc could get. In PT 3x/wk for right breast and shoulder. Couldn't raise my arm all the way up. Left soft with a lot of movement in the pocket, but right wiggles a bit now. Gets soft w massage, but not the same as the other. Feels stuck and firm from top and bottom. Can a capsule form this quickly? Thanks.

6 weeks post reaugmentation - tightness.

+2

At 6 weeks postop, it is possible to start experiencing the signs/symptoms of a capsular contracture. However, tightness from the muscle is also possible, particularly in a very active individual like yourself. Time will tell as a contracture typically persists whereas muscle tightness relaxes. Aggressive massage may help in the interim. Be patient and try to avoid daily exams as this will leave you frustrated.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

6 wks post breast augmentation

+2

Most likely you have tightness from swelling and the pocket. Give it more time to settle. Good luck.

Is This CC, a Tight Pocket or Tight Muscle?

+2

This does not have the appearance of a contracture (though a grade 2 capsule would feel firm but look normal). I suspect this is a normal course for a  submuscular implant, and that the appearance will soften as the pectoral muscles stretch out and relax to accommodate these implants. This can take up to three months or longer, and longer is likely in a muscular patient. 

All the best.   Patience. 

6 Weeks Post Op This Sunday Is This CC,? a Tight Pocket or Tight Muscle ? Zero Breast Tissue and Triathlete/marathoner

+2

Your problem is most likely due to a tight pocket with the new implants and scar tissue reaction.  Massaging the breasts sounds good. Please followup with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/breast-implant-exchange-houston.html

Unlikely to be a recurrent capsular contracture at 6 weeks post op

+2

It is unlikely that this is a recurrent capsular contracture.  Most likely the muscle and skin are tight and causing a firm breast.  Follow your plastic surgeon's advice and massage the breasts as instructed. 

Capsular contracture would be less likely

+2

Thanks for your ? and pic. At 6 weeks, it is more likely muscle swelling and a tight pocket since there was more scar tissue. If your right pectoralis is more prominent then it can account for some of this. I think PT is a good modality. Given your previous 250CC over and now 350CC under, I think this is a lot of volume for the pocket. It is not surprising that the swelling is lasting longer than normal. Best of Luck!