6 Weeks Post-op Stitches Still Not Dissolved?

I had closed rhinoplasty preformed 6 weeks ago and I noticed that in one nostril, there is a stitch that is poking out of my skin that has not yet dissolved... Is this normal? Also, the inside of this nostril is itchy and a little red (might also be due to always wiping it with Kleenex or q-tips). Should I be concerned?

+1

Dear Amy,

Thank you for your post.  Most likely this is not concerning.  At 6 weeks, best to remove the suture, but not urgent.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon for removal.  Also, stop wiping your nose so much!

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Internal sutures of the nose after a rhinoplasty

+1

I would not be overly concerned about undissolved sutures in the nose.  Have your surgeon look up into your nose and see if they can be removed.