I Am 2 Weeks Post Op-silicone over the Muscle. Normal To Have Pain when I Stretch

When I stretch my arms over my head, there is a pain that feels more like bruising than anything else. One inch long, thin tendon or ligament like things pop up under my breast crease (three are visible on my left side, and two on my right. Is this normal?

Mondor's for sure

+2

Well your condition is very well described . It's called Mondor's and it's a superficial inflammation of the surface veins just below the skin. At 2 weeks post op it is ok to use an anti inflammatory such as ibuphophen, and warm compresses. This is a self limiting annoyance and will not progress to anything more serious. You also do not need to limit your activity because of it, Good Luck

Reno Plastic Surgeon

I Am 2 Weeks Post Op-silicone over the Muscle. Normal To Have Pain when I Stretch (

+2

Very normal and I agree with Dr. Wallach...I sounds like Mondor's and I see it in my patients under the arm when I use that approach...Keep stretching and all things should resolve in the next few weeks...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Mondor's cords

+2

More than likely what you are describing under your breast is a Mondor's Cord which is a superficial thrombophlebitis which commonly resolves on its own.    Without an exam it is difficult to say.

Breast Augmentation Recovery?

+2

What you are experiencing is quite normal at this stage in your recovery. The “things popping up under your breast crease” are called Mondor's veins.  These are temporary and gradually resolve with time,  massage and use of anti-inflammatories.

2 weeks post op with pain

+1

It is early in your post op period.  There is still significant swelling at this early date which would cause your symptoms.  Discuss this with your surgeon for evaluation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Tightness after breast augmentation

+1
Your pains are muscle aches and these are common after breast augmentation surgery and will gradually be alleviated with the passage of time.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

It is normal to feel some discomfort after breast augmentation

+1

It is normal to feel tightness after breast augmentation surgery.  If you round implants then massage can help with the discomfort.  If you have shaped (anatomic) implants then avoid any breast massage.

The 'ligaments' that you describe could be veins or some fibrotic tissue.  Gently massage that area to soften it up.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD