5 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty and Have a Divot On the End of Nose?

I know I am going to continue with the swelling for a while and I do have lots of it. I also have think skin. One concern is that now I have a little divet right on the end off center a bit and it is darker than the rest of the skin looks like a divet in a golf ball exactly. There is also a dark stripe down the center of my nose. I had open rhinoplasty. My PS seems to think all is well and gave me 3 cortisone shots in the tip at 4 weeks. Thank goodness I have little feeling in my nose.

Five weeks too early to worry about contour problem after rhinoplasty.

+2

Worrying about a divot in the nasal tip five weeks after rhinoplasty is premature. Contour changes ensue for several months after this operation. Try to be patient.

+1

The swelling will be reduced with time, but the skin changes that you are reporting need to be followed.   It is hard to know from the description how you will look later or even how you look now.  Give yourself at least 6 months before making any judgements at all about shape or look of the nose.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

You should be happy 5 weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

Of course it is much too early to worry, but these divots often don't go away.  Time will tell. Be optimistic.  You will know for sure in another three months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)