2 Weeks Post Op from my Revision Rhinoplasty- Swelling?

I had a revision osteomtomy (no work done to the tip) to make it straighter and narrower; it only lasted an hour. Im 2 weeks post op and its not much different. It FEELS different though. I know swelling lasts longer for revisions and more so for people with thick skin which I have, but my doctor insists that there isnt a lot of swelling and that its not going to change a whole lot. Also my tip is still very hard from the primary. Is there a chance that it IS still swollen and my doctor is wrong?

2 weeks is too early to tell

+1

Wait it out.  At least 6 months before you can really draw reliable conclusions about the final shape of the nose.  If your surgeon feels the bones are indeed still too wide, some digital pushing exercises can help--but I would seek the guidance of your surgeon upon examining you.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Length of time for sweling in revision rhinoplasty

+1

The most difficult cosmetic operation is rhinoplasty. T most difficult rhinoplasty is a revision rhinoplasty. There is always some swelling and you need to wait to evaluate your results. Noses that look too perfect right after surgery, van go on to appear over done when healing is complete Be patient.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Is my nose still swollen at two weeks?

+1

I agree that your nose looks straighter than before your revision.  At only two weeks after surgery, you do still have swelling.  My experience is that for the bony work you had done, it will take 6-8 weeks for the swelling to mostly go away.  Patience is definitely a virtue in rhinoplasty!

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

2 weeks post revision

+1

You likely have do have some swelling at 2 weeks - which is still very early to judge the final results

Sam Naficy, MD

Normal swelling after a revision rhinoplasty

+1

It appears from the photos you have provided your nose appears straighter. However, it takes at least 6 months for the final appearance to be noticeably different and for all of the swelling to resolve. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose looks thinner after Rhinoplasty

+1

IMHO, your nose already looks thinner and the nasal bones appear more in the midline, even at this early post Rhinoplasty stage. 

+1

There will still be swelling 2 wks post osteotomies, in fact it will take several months for the swelling to settle, and for the changes to be more evident.  I would just allow the healing process to ensue so can see your results.

Michel Siegel, MD

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon