4 Weeks Post Op- TT Scar Just Doesn't Look Right to Me. Opinions?

I am 45, healthy and very active. Aug. 5th 2011 I had a full TT along with breast reduction. I have included pics at different stages, the last few from today at 4 wks post op. My PS will recieve the same current pics tomorow via email. I have my next check up one week from today. Thank you for any opinion. I apreciate it. I'm not at full panic mode but depressed honestly, off and on. I'm certainly not even keel yet.

Scarring after a TT

+2

Don't panic.  It is way too soon to tell what your scar will look like.  It took a year and a half for mine to go through all the stages scars go through.  You siill have swelling which will take several more months to go down.  I felt the way you did, too, and I knew better so take my advice and just ignore it for at least another 6-12 months.  It's good that you are keeping in touch with your surgeon.  When you see him his response will be backed by all of ours telling you the same thing.

Tummy tuck recovery

+2

I think for this stage of the recovery you your pictures are normal. Any swelling or elevation of the incision line is usually temporary and will subside over the course of the next few weeks to months. You are, of course, doing the right thing staying in communication with your surgeon.

Dramatic emotional swings after this operation (“panic” or “depression”)  are very common. It is in your best interest to occupy your mind with other interests and your support group during this recovery period.  Stay positive by keeping the end result in mind and remembering that you have been through the worst of the recovery period already.  Again, follow up in person with your surgeon for examination and reassurance.

Unhappy about appearence of tummy tuck incision

+2
Hello, You are still relatively early following your tummy tuck. There is either excess swelling of the upper part of the incision or the upper part of the incision has a thicker fat layer. If its swelling it will improve especially if you wear your abdominal binder, if its excess fat it will need to be thinned by revision or lipo down the road. All the best, Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Unhappy with the scar 4 weeks after a tummy tuck

+1

Four weeks is still very early in the healing process for a tummy tuck - so don't panic! Full maturation can take up to a year to occur and the results will be considerably different from what you are seeing now.

Sharing your concerns with your plastic surgeon should be helpful and can provide some piece of mind.

Good luck.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Tummy tuck scars

+1

Hello and thank you for the questions.

Review of your scar photos a month out from surgery would indicate you are making good progress. These scars will take several months to soften and settle down. I wouldn't be overly concerned with how they look now. Maintain regular visits with your surgeon, would be my recommendation. 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Tummy tuck scars

+1

It's very common to be a little off keel after surgery and to worry if you are healing right.  It is way, way to early to judge your result.  Make sure you keep your appointments and follow your surgeon's instructions.  You are likely to see a lot of improvment over the next few weeks and months.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Post TT recovery concerns

+1
Post op swelling in your lower abdomen is usually best early I the morning but by day's end look puffy. I would expect gradual resolution of the swelling but not completely before four months. Keep your scheduled appt unless you're having increased pain or fever. A TT is a significant undertaking. You should have the worst behind you. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with tummy tuck scar

+1

I agree with my colleagues.... it is too early to become upset.  It is normal to have some emotional swings for the first couple of months.  I would continue to wear your compression garment and look to your surgeon for reassurance during this time.  If things do not ultimately heal the way that you expected then you can probably have some minor revision work to get you there.  In the meantime, hold tight and try not to worry!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck scars can take months to heal

+1

Based on your photos your results are quite early and I would expect the scars to lighten in color and flatten. The healing ridge is the term for this raised portion of the scar which can take up to  six months or longer to heal and mature. Follow up with your plastic surgeon at regular intervals and consider using silicone tape to facilitate the healing process.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Doesn't look right to me either

+1

the  swelling is most likely to the combination of procedures.a full TT with a breast reduction can create trauma that is expected but can take a long while to resolve. if all your incisions are ok, then no need to panic.consider lymphatic massage and ultrasound therapy. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon