At 6 Weeks Post Op I Had Overnight, Sudden Swelling of Right Breast, Now 2 Wks Later It is Much Higher and Very Hard? (photo)

currently 8 weeks post op submuscular conversion (revision) with HIGH PROFILE silicone 425R and 475L. previous BA was above muscle saline. At 6 weeks post op, after all swelling had gone, I woke up on a Sunday morning to sudden swelling of right breast. It was 3x bigger than the left and very painful. Called my PS and he met me at his office on a Sunday a few hours later,he said it would do more harm than good to open me back up again and try to fix it. Now it's hard and much higher than left

Sudden Postop Swelling

+1

This sudden swelling could be due to a hematoma, or possible a seroma (collection of fluid) in the implant pocket.  The sudden enlargement would more suggest a hematoma. An ultrasound might help with the diagnosis, and I would again discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Breast increased in size overnight

+1

It could be the result of a hematoma or fluid or swelling. Hard to say without an exam.  Brusising would suggest a hematoma.  Speak with your surgeon.  Good luck.