2 Weeks Post-op Orbit Reconstruction? (photo)

I had an orbit reconstruction surgery two weeks ago to address medial and orbital floor fractures. The swelling is slowly going down. I would like to ask someone who had a similar surgery how long it took for the swelling to go and if the lower eyelid looked somehow tight and stretched. I am attaching a photo. The upper image is after the surgery, the lower one is before the surgery. Thank you

Still Swollen

+2

Thank you for your picture. You have a normal amount of swelling two weeks after surgery. It may take several months for the swelling to completely resolve.

Good luck

Dr. ES

Healing after orbital fracture repairs

+2

Two weeks after the surgical repair, you look great.

Swelling varies depending on how long after the fractures repair was done and how long it took to repair. Also depending on the medications you took before the surgery can also affect healing process. Overall, you appear to have a very satisfactory results after the orbital fractures repair and I believe you will have even less swelling and improved look as the swelling decrease.

Imtiaz A. Chaudhry, MD, PhD, FACS
Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon