I am almost 3 weeks post op my bridge looks like the bump is reappearing. Could this be swelling?

I recently under went an open septoplasty rhinoplasty on October 21 I had my cast taken of 3 days ago and my nose was almost perfect no dorsal bump visible beautifully contoured ( only had a slight bumb before) but the next day i noticed a slight bump and today it was slightly larger I'm so scared its like growing back also my tip looks big and my nostrils are uneven I'm hoping its swelling but I'm scared has anyone nose gotten bigger after a rhinoplasty? ( my plastic surgeon narrowed my nose)

Bump reappearing on bridge 3 weeks post-op?

+2

You will still have a significant amount of swelling after 3 weeks. In general, swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. Swelling will be 70% resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder will go down over time. The nose will continue to change as you heal, and it can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your procedure and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

At 3 weeks, you will still have a very significant amount of swelling, especially if you underwent an external approach rhinoplasty. Try not to be too analytical at this point, as you still have a long way to go. Swelling can vary day to day, even with sleeping position. If you still have concerns, you should contact your surgeon. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

3 Weeks Post Op Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling takes weeks to months to settle. Where the swelling is located depends on the work done by your surgeon. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for be assured of a complete recovery. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.