2 weeks post Op Morning breast pain?

i am now 2 weeks post op and in the mornings when i wake up i am very sore, its like a stiffness some days are worse than others. 400cc under the muscle round HP mentor implant. a few of my friends have exp the same thing i was just wondering what causes it? is it normal? is it because i went under the muscle? i am still sleeping on my back as i tried to sleep on my side and it was to awkward & it hurt a little bit. thanks

Morning discomfort after breast augmentation is common

+1

Thank you for your question. During the day you are moving around which stretches your muscles and presents stiffening or tightening. It is common especially after sub-muscular breast augmentation that after sleeping and not moving you will feel stiff and sore when you wake up in the morning. The symptoms should disappear in the next 3-4 weeks

Breast soreness 2 weeks post-op

+1

What you are feeling is normal and typical for submuscular implant placement. Two weeks is still early on in the post-op period and continued surgical pain and especially muscle spasm is to be expected. Your symptoms should resolve over the next few weeks. In the meantime, if your surgeon prescribed muscle relaxers for you, you might find it helpful to take one at bedtime. You may awaken with les soreness.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Postoperatie Breast Pain

+1

Your symptoms are very common, and can be attributed to both stretching of the muscle and the tissue pocket adjusting to addition of the new volume. That sensation should improve over time as the tissue and muscle adjust to accommodating your implants. If you have further concerns, or if the sensation gets worse, I would recommend contacting your surgeon, as he/she may want you to perform certain exercises or evaluate you if a problem arises.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon