4 Weeks Post Op Mini Tummy Tuck and Still Having a Lot of Stiffness?

I had a mini tummy tuck with lipo just 4 weeks ago. He removed 5,000 ccs from my upper, lower Abs and flanks with about 9 cm skin removed. There isn't much swelling at all but I'm having a lot of problems with stiffness and lots of weird nerve sensations. Like if I turn a certain way I get weird muscle spasms. If I'm sitting for a while and I go to stand my stomach feels too tight and I still can't just get up and stand up straight yet. Is that normal and when will it go away?

Still Having a Lot of Stiffness

+1

None of this sounds out of the range of expectations. Every patient has their own unique set of post-op symptoms. Typically you can expect these to gradually improve, and to occur less frequently with passing time.

Usually by 3 months or so the symptoms may be present, but should no longer interfere with activities. Hope this helps, it will get better.

Thanks and best wishes. 

Mini Tummy Tuck Recovery

+1

The swelling that you are experiencing is normal. In most cases, it takes at least 3 to 6 months for all of the swelling to subside. The unusual sensations that you are feeling is probably the nerves rejuvenating from surgery. It is also normal to have tightness and stiffness 4 weeks after surgery, although 4 weeks after surgery you should be able to stand up straight. I would schedule a follow up with your plastic surgeon for further examination.

Leo Lapuerta, MD