6 Weeks Post-op Labiaplasty, Sudden Very Painful Bump?

Hello. I had a right labiaplasty 6 weeks ago that was completely botched. My surgeon amputated the whole thing. Healing has been rather uneventful so far but in the last few days I have developed a bump that is tender and just keeps getting more painful. Is this a reaction to a suture? Is it dangerous? Do I need to see my doctor or will it go away? I am just concerned because of how quickly it happened and the fact that it's getting worse. And of course it's a weekend. Can add pic if needed. Thx

Labiaplasty healing question

+1

Since your surgery was only 6 weeks ago, your labiaplasty is still healing. It is impossible to diagnose your situation without examining you.  A painful bump may represent normal healing, or it may be something else. It is very important for you to follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Sudden Bump After Labiaplasty

+1

Hello. This issue is impossible to diagnose without an examination. You need to see your doctor soon so that you can be treated appropriately.

Jaime Perez, MD
Labiaplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Sudden localised swelling (bump) after surgery needs medical attention

+1

6 weeks post op the area should nearly be back to normal.

A minor infection, an area of inflammation due to the slow reabsorption of dissolvable sutures are the more likely explanations for what you are experiencing. 

I would advise you to contact your doctor who I am sure will be prepared to see you assess you and advise. 

Hope it helps. 

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon