2 Weeks Post Op, Implants Slightly Uneven! Should I Worry? (photo)

Hi, I'm 1.72m tall and I weigh 58kg's. I had my BA 2 weeks ago, 350cc saline in right breast and 325cc in left, high profile. I was asymmetrical before surgery. My right breast is sitting about a centimetre lower than my left and is bigger. My PS has given me an ace strap to wear along with my supportive bra. I'm just curious if my result after 2 weeks is normal? My PS is amazing! I'm just OCD and would like some more opinions.

Breast Enhancement

+1

Like the other docs, I agree it is early and hard to make any conclusions until the inflammatory healing process has settled. Try to wait 3 months and see how it goes

BA assymetry after 2 weeks

+1

I can certainly see your concerns.  However, you are early in the healing process and it is important that you follow directions of your plastic surgeon precisely.  Let him/her know about your concerns.  The implants begin to descend about 3 weeks and the right looks like it has descended through the fold. I would not be thinking about revisions until you allow enough time for the healing to occur and speak with your plastic surgeon. Communication is key during these times. You have trusted him/her enough to do your surgery just stick with it and keep your lines of communication open. Posts such as this one will only make you freak out. No one who comments on this post will know you like the PS you trusted to operate on you.  

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast asymmetry 2 weeks after breast augmentation?

+1

No, No, and NO! Be patient. I can never promise that you will not need a revision, but it is way to early to even worry about it or consider one. It takes at least 4 months for the breasts to settle into place.  They will drop at different rates so be patient. It's important to not overdo in the early post-operative period. It's always good to hear that you like and respect your plastic surgeon. I strongly recommend you check in with him/her for any additional concerns.

Jennifer Harrington

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

+1

Hello. Two weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

2 Weeks Post Op, Implants Slightly Uneven! Should I Worry?

+1

Appears to be infra mammary fold asymmetry. But in person examinations are the ONLY way to determine if this will self correct or need surgery revision. 

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures, I can understand your concern. The degree of breast asymmetry is concerning;  whether the breast asymmetry will improve with time is difficult to predict. Although online consultants may have good intentions and wish to give you assurance, meaningful  “reassurance” will only come with time.  

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure. In the event that significant breast implant position asymmetry continues, revisionary surgery ( for example capsulorraphy) may be helpful. 

Breast asymmetry

+1

It is always good to see preo-op photos. They looked good immediately post-op but now the right almost looks like it is bottoming out. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Breast asymmetry 2 weeks post op

+1

At two weeks post op your asymmetry is very likely due to edema and variations in healing between your right and left breast. It will take three to four months before you can easily asses the final outcome.

It is impossible to render a more specific opinion regarding the differences without knowing the specifics of your surgical procedure and examining you. Your surgeon is in the best position to tell you how to respond to the present appearance, however I suspect the best answer is to give it more time.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Should I Worry?

+1

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos. With your noting asymmetry before your surgery it would be helpful to see pre-op photos. 

Base just on these two photos, the symmetry looked better right after surgery, and it may be that the right side is "bottoming out" now. I would discuss this with your surgeon soon. Some feel that by supporting the breast fold early on, the capsule that will form may by in a better position by doing this, and may avert the consideration of a second operation to re-enforce the breast fold.

All the best.