7 Weeks Post-op; One Implant "Lifts" from the Sternum at a Different Angle? Is This a Contracture?

Hi, I am 7 weeks post BA. I am 5' 5" and 120 lbs. I had 275cc unders filled to 330 bilaterally. My left breast/nipple was slightly lower naturally, and I expected that would not change. However, my left implant comes off the sternum at a higher angle. My sternum seems to be symmetrical. It appears larger especially in a swimsuit or bra. I had more soreness under that area on the affected side. Could this be persistent bruising/swelling, or a possible contracture?

Contracture?

+1

Without seeing before and after pictures or examining you in person, it is impossible to answer your question.

Post op breast aug issues

+1

Without a set of pre and post-op photos, this is a difficult question to answer. Ask you plastic surgeon to take a set and post them on the forum.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry following BA

+1

Without photos we can't help you much.  It takes 4-6 months for breasts to settle into place after breast augmentations.  What look like problems initially resolve themselves on their own.  If your left breast feels firmer when you squeeze it then you may have a contracture.  See your surgeon sooner if that's the case.  If not, be patient and see what happenes over the next few months.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Breast issue after implants

+1

Without an exam or at least photos detailing what you are describing, it is hard to say what is the problem if at all.