6 Weeks Post Op, is This Going to Fix Itself? (photo)

I am 6 wks. Post-op Periareola Mastopexy and Mentore Mod Prof Plus implants. I was told not to do massages until yesterday and now my PS tells me to lay flat on the floor. Yesterday, they were not different sizes, is all this going to fix itself? He assures me he will be by my side until we get an A+ result but to give it a little more time. Do they look like they've settled into the pocket? And what's going on under my arm pit?

Needs time

+2

Hello Six weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Breast Implants and asymmetry

+2

It appears that you have some asymmetry of your breasts.  However, it is difficult to tell without examining you if this is still swelling or a fluid collection.  The fact that you say "Yesterday, they were not different sizes..." suggests that you may have a seroma or hematoma that recently developed and may need to be addressed.  I would suggest you speak to your surgeon as he should be able to tell if further studies or treatments are needed beyond the massage.

Eric Egozi, MD

Implant problems or magnified asymmetry?

+2

More likely, you had asymmetry preop that is now magnified by the implants.  Either way, your doctor has done an excellent job making sure you know they care and will stick with you to your own best result.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Implants placed it asymmetric levels recognize it six weeks probably will not escape surgical revision.

+1

The photo demonstrates asymmetry of the right side versus the left. Swelling is still an issue so I would not proclaim that a revision is necessary. However if the right implant is surgically situated higher than the left, the capsule was forming around the prosthesis will not allow inferior migration.