2 Weeks Post Op Full Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation and Experiencing Searing Leg Pain when Walking?

Hi. I am 31 and am experiencing what I would describe as stabbing pain in the outer part of my left thigh whenever I walk. It started 2 days ago. My leg is not swollen and I do not have a fever. I was very active before the surgery and since the surgery I have been laying around a lot. I have been more active recently Could this be a sign of a blood clot or DVT? I do not see my plastic surgeon until Tuesday. Should I go see my primary physician tomorrow so I don't have to wait until Tuesday?

Severe leg pain 2 weeks after tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for asking about your pain 2 weeks after your tummy tuck and breast lift.

1. Your pain is probably from pressure on the lateral cutaneous nerve of the thigh, a condition called meralgia. A common cause is tight clothing - e.g. a surgical garment. Loosen your tummy tuck garment. 
  2. Blood clots in the legs do not cause pain here.
  3. If pain does not improve with loosened clothing, call both your surgeon and your primary care doctor - the cause needs to be detected and treated. Best wishes.

Thigh pain is not a sign of a DVT

+2

Stabbing pain of the upper outer thigh is not indicative of a DVT.  Without an examination it is difficult to diagnose your exact problem.  If it persists you should be seen as soon as possible.  

Uncommon to have this type of pain

+2

Thanks for your question. The absence of fever and swelling is good. You should have this evaluated. It could be with your position following the TT that you have some nerve compression. This could simply be an inflamed disc and likely would be responsive to steroids. I would start with your PS and they can help you with the work up. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Searing leg pain after mommy makeover

+1

From your description, it sounds like nerve pain.  However, you should be seen by your plastic surgeon to make sure.

Sugene Kim, MD