5 Weeks Post Op. Frustrated with Asymmetry. Afraid Wrong Sized Implant Were Used. Any Hope Of It Correcting Itself?

Concerned a revision will be needed. I have severely asymmetrical breasts 5 weeks post op. This is my second augmentation. First one done 10 yrs ago. Went from 375 saline in both sides to 616 gel on left and 700 gel on right to correct asymmetry. Right side also had pocket opened to correct shape. Now I am very uneven and afraid I will need a different sized implant to accommodate. Do I have any hope on this correcting itself? Trust my doctor but I am worried.

Five weeks too early to make judgments about the results of a breast augmentation.

+1

First of all you should not expect perfect symmetry after the breast augmentation. Having said that and viewing the photographs, there are anticipated changes in the weeks ahead as swelling subsides.

+1

Poor posted photos DO NOT demonstrate a asymmetric result. Either seek second opinions IN PERSON or re post better photos. Good luck. 

Evaluating Results of Breast Augmentation

+1

Five weeks is not enough time to evaluate the need for corrective surgery after a breast augmentation.  Depending on your surgeon's technique it could take up to three to six months.  In the meantime, it is very important for you to communicate your concerns to your surgeon and follow any directives that he or she may give you.  Also, pre-exisisting asymmetry may not always be completely corrected and managing your expectations may need to be discussed further with your surgeon.  It is better to have good results than to create more asymmetry while pursuing perfect results that simply may not be attainable.  

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Implant selectiona t five weeks post-op

+1

At five weeks post-op from revisoin breast augmentation, it is a bit early to see the final results.  Give it more time.

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after revisionary breast surgery. As you can imagine, online consultants will not be of much help to you, predicting whether or not your breast symmetry will improve with time. This is one of those situations where only ongoing time and patience will "tell”.

Given the fact that you are only 5 weeks out of surgery, and considering the specific type of operation performed, I would suggest ongoing patience;  evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed approximately 6 months after it was performed.

Best wishes; hopefully, understanding that "perfect" symmetry is never achieved, you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.