4 Weeks Post Op From Full TT, and Still Have Loose Skin on Abdomen? (photo)

Front view photo shows nice tummy tuck result

+1
Hello, When sitting or bending over there should be some abdominal skin and soft tissue laxity. Without this we would not be able to fully straighten out our waist. This normal amount of laxity is always present even in the 20 something super model. A side photo of your abdomen may allow a better assessment of your full tummy tuck result but from the front view alone you appear to be doing well and have a very nice result.

You have a very good result after tummy tuck.

+1

Your abdomen is nearly flat in this standing photograph, despite being only 4 weeks post-op, when many patients still exhibit much swelling. Your apparent lack of swelling (or quick resolution) may be partly why you note some residual laxity when sitting or bending over. Realize that even a child has a soft protruding belly when sitting or bending over--rigidity is neither possible nor realistic as an expectation after tummy tuck. If you were tight and flat when bent over, you would be unable to stand up straight without ripping your skin, or eventually stretching it out so that you COULD stand straight. Then, the next time you bent over you would have that residual laxity.

Other than the small vertical scar above your pubis where the belly button used to be (sometimes this is necessary), you have a nicely closed incision, a well-healing scar, no dog ears, and a well-designed and executed belly button closure--in short, quite a good job technically. Although your swimsuit top is covering your breast augmentation, I have no reason to expect anything is amiss here either. Don't be too hard on yourself OR your surgeon. Thank him or her for the excellent work provided! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after a tummy tuck

+1

The picture that you showed is a very nice result.  A good number of patients expect after a tummy tuck to be as rigid as board in every positon. That is unrealistic after three babies  Every one's abdomes has lose skin when they sit down even the waif supermodels.  Remember that you are still VERY swollen and it will take at least 3-6 months to be close to the final results. 

Good luck and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Tummy tuck result

+1
I think this is an entirely reasonable result given your weight and shape. Some swelling will go down but you are in proportion and well contoured.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

How should your abdomen look 4-weeks after a tummy tuck?

+1

Hi Terry

I actually think you have an excellent result from your tummy tuck and have healed incredibly well. Your scars look great and your shape is really good too. After having had 3 children, your skin quality won't be the same as what it was when you were younger and before having children, so a degree of laxity to your skin is normal in your situation (although I can't see any obvious looseness in the photo you posted).

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon