Im 6 Weeks Post Op from a FTT No Lipo No MR, is It Normal for Hips to Be Very Swollen?

i had asked my PS to purposely extend my incision past my hip bones so that he could excise the fat on my hips/flanks... he also stated he would lipo my hips if he thought i needed it, but he didnt. I feel wider now than i did before sx, my hips spill over the side of my underwear as where before surgery they did not. I am 5'8 and went into sx at 188 lbs ( down from 230 lbs). Is it too early to judge the results?

Judging Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Yes, at 6 weeks it is too early to evaluate the end results of your tummy tuck surgery. Residual swelling after this operation may persist for several additional months and may take up to one year for the skin to “redrape"

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise/reassure you or to rule out complications that may be contributing to “swelling”.