Is 8 Weeks Post Op Too Early to Bottom Out?

Dear Doctors, not sure where to start with all of my concerns but I'll start with my 3 inch inframammary incision with SALINE implants. Isn't this rather long for this type of implant? Never heard of such a thing. In addition, the incision has always been in the middle of my breast, imo way too high. Secondly, my (subpectoral) implants were never really that high to begin with, and they just keep getting lower (& farther apart). Perhaps bottoming out might be my issue? So unhappy w/ this :(

+2

I am sorry to hear about/see the problems you are having after breast augmentation surgery. I think your concerns are  appropriate; your breast implants do seem to sit quite low on your chest wall, consistent with breast implant displacement ("bottoming out”).

It is probable that you are feeling the implants significantly along the lower poles of the breasts. Patients in your situation often complain of discomfort in the area of implant malposition. Also,  consistent with the breast implant positioning problem, the nipple areola complexes seem to be sitting relatively high, because the breast implants have settled too low.  Furthermore, the inframammary fold scars sit too high on the breast mounds secondary to the breast implants' displacement.

I think you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery which will likely involve capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair).  This procedure serves to reconstruct the lower poles of the breasts and prevent migration of the breast implants too far inferiorly.  Associated issues with positioning of nipple/areola complexes and visibility of the inframmammary fold scars should improve with this operation.

Make sure that the plastic surgeon who does this procedure for you can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Implants appear to be bottoming out

+1

Your concerns are certainly appropriate.  It would be helpful to understand your pre-operative anatomy to try to tell why your incision was placed at this level.  The implants do appear to be low as well.   Your plastic surgeon should be able to answer these questions for you.