5 Weeks Post Op Crease After Tummy Tuck, Is this Normal? (photo)

I'm 5 weeks post op and since day one Ive noticed that on the right side of my abdomin there are some creases. I have posted some pictures of the rt side and the left. The creases are only on the right so I'm curious as to why my right side is not as smooth as the left. I did have lipo of the back and flanks. I do have some hard areas on my hips and even on the the rt side where the creases are but more towards the bottom. I would like to know is this normal and will it smooth out.

Await settling

+1

The photos allow a somewhat limited assessment, but to put your mind at ease, to my experience about 95 % of observations that patients object at such an early stage after surgery tend to be temporary.

My advice is do not worry about it now and wait until everything has settled.

Nothing can be done now, and it likely will not be necessary

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Status post abdominoplasty

+1

You are only five weeks after the surgery and many apparent changes will occur that may later correct themselves over the next several months.  Don't worry about this now.  Let your Plastic Surgeon guide you properly with his or her answers  I don't know what you looked like before the surgery, but you have a trim shape now and should continue to improve over the  next several months

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D. Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD