2 Weeks Post Op Closed Rhinoplasty. Is It Possible for my Pinched Tip Resolve Itself? (photo)

Its very clear that I currently have a pinched tip with uneven nostrils a dent on the right side of my nose. I understand that its too soon to tell what it will look like due to swelling. I know that I need to be patient and wait it out. However, here are my questions: do pinched tips honestly ever resolve themselves? Is it possible? Or is this typically a problem that requires a second surgery or filler? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Kind of freaking out. Thanks!

Pinched tip 2 weeks after surgery

+1

Way too early to judge. The swelling will continue to subside over a year at least and it could turn out just the way you want. Be patient.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 Weeks Post Op Closed Rhinoplasty.

+1

At 2 weeks post op from a Rhinoplasty, there's no way to tell the final result.  Take a deep breath and allow the healing time that your Rhinoplasty Surgeon surely told you would be 3-9 months.

Pinched tip after Rhinoplasty

+1
Since you have a lot of swelling at the tip, it may look as though you have a pinched tip. You don't. Once swelling is resolved, it should improve.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pinched tip?

+1

Based solely on your photos, I do not think that you have a pinched tip. It is likely swelling that makes it look the way it does. You do have asymmetry in the base due to previous asymmetry not appreciated or the result of asymmetric base excisions.  Hard tto say without pre-photos.

Uneven Nostrils 2 weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Actually, you do not have a pinched tip. The cause of your nostril asymmetry is a combination of poorly planned alar base resections and an elevated right alar rim usually caused by some sort of malpositioned alar cartilage or a problem with the internal lining of your nostril vestibule on the right side. Regardless, these problems don't improve over time so you can expect that they are permanent and usually require a second corrective surgery at about 6 months postop. I don't see how half measures like fillers can be of any help and in many instances can make the eventual repair more difficult. A preop photo might be helpful to understand to problems your surgeon was trying to repair. If your nasal tip was grossly asymmetric, you may have what could be considered a reasonable, early postop result.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon