5 Weeks Post Op Chin Implant and Lipo Cheeks /neck is It Safe to Remove This HUGE Chin?

I really hate this chin! Is 6 wks too soon or too late? There is also a superficial abcess I only wanted a neck lift to remove sagging skin in my neck from kushings. My Doctor decided he would get experimental without my consent. I want the chin out!What has to be done for my chin and cheeks to return to normal if I dont want another implant. I dont want witches chin either, I believe my doctor may have transfered fat to my chin. I just want my chin back and the saggyness gone!!! Please Help

Take the implant out only six weeks after a face lift!

+2

I feel your pain, but I must caution you against early judgment.  Deciding before 6 months is premature. Some of my  happiest patients hated their chins a few weeks after the surgery. If; A-the implant is huge, or B-it is infected then yes; get it out. But, if your complaint is just size related, then tough it out. Seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and just inquire. I want to enroll you in the strong possibility that your result may in time become acceptable to you, if you see someone who can rule out A & B.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

If your implant is infected then it should come out. If it is not affected by a superficial infection, and it is just swollen, it could take many months for the swelling to come down and you might prefer it. give it some time and consult with your plastic surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Chin implant removal

+1

If you do not like the chin implant, then it is best to have it removed.  Hopefully you are able to talk to your doctor about these issues.  Also, if you are concerned that  procedure was performed without your consent, this is a problem and you should address your concerns with your surgeon.  If you are not satisfied, then you may need to seek additional council.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Early Chin Implant Removal Is Better Than Later

+1

If you have a chin implant that you are convinced you do not like, then the sooner it is removed the better. Early removal is the best chance to prevent a witch's chin problem afterwards. Hopefully, this was a chin implant that was on the small side so not too much soft tissue expansion has occurred. Whether the soft tissues of your chin will shrink back down and return to normal remains to be seen. So be patient after removal and give the tissues months to settle down and assume its final shape.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

If you really had NO consent for a chin implant than you should seek legal advise. It is inappropriate to preform an operation without pre operative signed consents.