6 Weeks Post Op, Could I Have Capsular Contracture Breast Implants? (photo)

I had 250cc under the muscle 6 weeks ago and notice that my left breast is definitely firmer and higher than my right. My right feels softer and almost like more "in place" so to speak. I have random pains/soreness too sometimes that feel odd in my left breast too. I will definitely contact my PS about this after the holiday weekend but wonder if it is normal to have asymmetry in the healing process like this where one breast is soft and the other is higher and firmer?

6 Weeks Post Op, Could I Have Capsular Contracture Breast Implants?

+2

At six weeks it is possible but not highly likely that you could have a capsular contracture. More likely is it that the implant on the left has not yet dropped--that the pectoral muscle on that side has not yet accommodated to the presence of the implant.  At your followup visit, your surgeon can probably distinguish between the possibilities. 

All the best. 

+1

Six weeks is a very early time for  a capsular contracture, it  is more likely to have occurred an upward shift of the left implant or that it has not dropped for lack of sufficient pocket towards the lower part, but the findings you describe are consistent with a capsular contracture so  it is advisable to visit your PS for a check-up and follow their instructions

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

+1

Sounds like capsular fibrosis. But only in person examination can detect. Start aggressive massaging and external ultrasound therapy.