2 Weeks Post Op Brst Augmentation 339cc Moderate Plus Silicone Bilaterally. They Look Like 2 Different Breasts? (photo)

Revision for R capsular contracture & exchange of previous b/l 250cc moderate plus silicone implants. The R breast is a round ball & no down sloping, just flat chest to ball in the boob. The R has large bump that you can push back in, in R upper outer & pops back out immediately. The shapes are completely different. What is going here

2 Weeks Post Op Brst Augmentation 339cc Moderate Plus Silicone Bilaterally. They Look Like 2 Different Breasts?

+1
Thank you for the question. The breast asymmetry that you are referring is commonly experienced, early in the postoperative period, after breast augmentation surgery. Often, breast implants “settle” at different rates. Of course, online consultants will not be able to  reassure you adequately;  your plastic surgeon, after in person examination will be your best resource for advice and/or reassurance ( or to rule out complications that may cause breast asymmetry).   Ultimately, I think that only time will tell whether the breast symmetry will improve over the course of the first several months after the procedure was performed.
Of course, generally speaking, patient should be aware that absolute symmetry of the breasts is rarely present before or after surgery;  hopefully, the degree of breast asymmetry that you experience in the long-term will  not be bothersome.  My patients have to tolerate me saying:  “sisters, not twins” or "breasts are like snowflakes, each one pretty, but different” during each visit. For precise answers to questions regarding returning to exercise, you may wish to request an earlier than  already scheduled follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Best wishes. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast implant capsular contracture

+1

Capsules form around all breast implants and in some cases they contract, #capsularcontracture deforming the breasts. What you are describing and what your photos show is a grade III capsular contracture. A surgeon may go into surgery planning to completely or mostly remove a contracting capsule that is deforming a breast but find during surgery that it is not possible to do so without doing further damage. For example if there is very little tissue between the capsule and the undersurface of the skin attempting to remove that capsule can tear the skin.

You need to have a frank discussion with your surgeon as to what was seen and done at surgery before deciding how to proceed. It would be prudent to allow the tissues sufficient time to recover before you do any additional surgery. 2 weeks is not sufficient.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Revision breast implants not symmetrical!

+1

Thanks for including photos; they are helpful, but do not replace an in-person physical examination. If your own surgeon is not forthcoming in responding to your reasonable questions, you may have to seek additional opinions from local ABPS-certified plastic surgeons with lots of breast experience.

What I can tell you is that this degree of asymmetry is neither normal nor acceptable. Time may indeed need to be allowed to pass before additional surgery is contemplated, but I suspect that complete capsulectomies were not performed, and that you still have restraining scar bands or portions of capsule that are deforming your right breast implant.

This is particularly important since you went with larger implants, which do require a large(r) pocket. Any remaining capsular bands or sections can push the implant into the undesired shape you see. Time will not change pre-existing capsule scar--this is mature already. However, the areas of your pocket that were opened up during your surgery will form a new capsule, and these areas could contract over time (again).

I suspect you will need more surgery and a different plan for addressing the capsule that remains (and the new one forming now). Sorry. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/implant-revision

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Very soon after revision breast augmentation!

+1

Give it some time. 3 months is the minimum for swelling to resolve and your breasts to take shape. Especially after a revision augmentation with capsular work. Lots of swelling and changes going on. 

Good luck