6 Weeks Post Op from Breast Lift with Implants- Rash on Nipples & Breasts

real scaley. the skin around my nipples is a red rash. my incision goes around my nipples, down my breasts, and across the bottom. this appeared about 2 weeks post op

Rash after Breast Lifting?

You may be experiencing a contact dermatitis. You should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon to rule out other complications and for  treatment recommendations.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Most likely cause is contact dermatitis

It is difficult to be precise with the diagnosis without more information (ie photos).  The possible causes include low grade skin infection, skin maceration and irritation, allergic contact dermatitis. Based on your description contact dermatitis is highly probable.  A return visit to your surgeon is advised.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

4055 Ste-Catherine St W
Westmount, QC H3Z 3J8

Rash after surgery

Rashes after surgery  can be caused by  many different things.  Some of the more common causes include the steri-strips or even the glue( benzoin or mastisol) that holds the tape in place.  You should have your surgeon evaluate you.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Seek immediate visit with your chosen surgeon for diagnosis and therapy of this rash. My guess is a contact dermatitis but over the interne can not diagnose. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Rash after Surgery

Without pre-op and post-op pictures, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  However, after surgery, it is not uncommon to have dry skin which may require daily or twice daily moisturizing lotion.  However, if you are concerned that you have a rash or an allergic reaction, it is best that you see your plastic surgeon for a follow up appointment.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Postoperative Rash

Dear frufru,

Any skin reaction on the surgical site should be seen by your surgeon.  There are several possibilities of what is causing this rash.  Have you surgeon look at it and in the mean time keep the areas clean and dry.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson 

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

676 South Bluff Street
St. George, UT 84770