7 weeks post op breast augmentation?

I have 300 cc smooth round moderate silicone implants under the muscle . My right breast implant makes rubbing noise when I move it up, down and side to side, and it doesn't move as freely as my left implant and the breast feels tighter on top but softer on the bottom and sides. Is it normal to have rubbing noise 7 weeks post op? Can it be the sign of capsular contracture? Thank you

Rubbing post aug

+1

This is not uncommon.you will get a capsule.the key is to keep it soft.Massage helps alot.I have my patients do it twice a day when they shower or bathe.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post-op rubbing noise after breast augmentation.

+1

The best answer is to see your plastic surgeon. Some tightness may still be present in a sub muscular augmentation and each breast will heal on a different timeline. Some patient's do describe odd sounds or "rubbing" sensations after a breast augmentation. With time these typically subside.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Post-op rubbing after breast augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon for you to feel rubbing as you move your implant around in the early post-op. Best to see your doctor about issues.

Noises in the Breasts

+1

Its not usual to have strange sensationsand/or noises in the breast after surgery. The risk of capsular contracture is quite small when implants are placed under the muscle, so I would not worry. I would call your surgeon and schedule an exam. This should reassure you and it will probably go away on its own.

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Noises in the breast?

+1

Its impossible to tell without an exam. I would phone your PS and have them check you out. Its not uncommon to have a few unusal noises after surgery but that alone isnt a sign of capsular contracture. An exam will tell.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS