3 Weeks Post Op Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I had 300 cc silicone mod profile under the muscle, insicions under the breasts. I am 42, 5'6, 123 pounds. My right breast had some bruising after surgery and it hurts a little after massaging, though I dont do it aggressively . Also it is much softer than the left one and dropping faster. Why my nipple on my right breast is pointing diff direction? Its very obvious on a pic , not looking in the mirror. And bottom of my right breast doesn't look round. Is it normal? should I be concerned?

Postoperative healing after breast augmentation.

+3

Thanks for the question.  Be aware that your breasts were of different sizes and shapes beforw the surgery, and will take some time to adjust after your surgery.  Your left breast had a longer distance below the areola to the breast fold than the right breast.

You will not have your best shape after this surgery until six months after the surgery, so give it time..If you have smooth implants used, massaging may help to minimize any futurew capsulr contracture.  If your implants are textured( you hadn't mentioned about this) I would not massage the implants, because there is nothing to gain by this.  The texturing alone will determine that there may be less scar forming around the implants.  I do like to use moderate profile implants as you mentioned you have.  I don't always use them, but I believe they may help you gain a better shape.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Early asymmetry after a breast augmentation

+3

At this point I would not be concerned with this degree of asymmetry.  You start out with some degree of asymmetry so post op asymmetry is to be expected.  Given time things will change.  

3 weeks post breast augmentation

+2

Do not worry. You look really good for only 3 weeks after surgery. Hopefully your asymmetries prior to surgery were pointed out to you. Seeing this before surgery helps set your expectations to future results. You can see the difference in the shape and position of your breasts prior to augmentation, and this will not change much after surgery. You will look much better, but the differences will always be there. In the words of my wise professor, "they are sisters, not twins."  I feel confident that you will love your results after everything settles which could take 6 months. Hope this helps...

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thanks for the questions and posting the photos. You had asymmetry before with shape differences, that should have been pointed out to you in the pre operative evaluation. By increasing the size via implants these minor asymmetries are magnified. But in reality your result is acceptable.//

Breast implant result

+1
It looks like you are doing quite well following your breast augmentation surgery.  Wait a few months for the swelling to subside before you assess your final result. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Concern?

+1
Unfortunately, without a complete history and physical exam and through pre operative photography there is not enough information to make an informed plan, please consult your surgeon or another local board certified plastic surgeon

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

You look normal for 3 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. The asymmetry that you see is not unusual 3 weeks after breast augmentation and is in line with the asymmetry that you had a for surgery. Expect that the asymmetry will become less over the next 4-6 weeks as your implants drop and assume a more natural position.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Moral healing at 3 weeks?

+1

You are very early in the healing process. I would wait before making any judgments about the final outcome. Also keep you plastic surgeon in the loop regarding your questins and concerns. 

Raj S. Ambay, MD