2 Weeks Post Op and One Breast Appears Lower in the Fold Than the Other

I had breast augmentation done 15 years ago and had problems of rippling as well as the incisions kept opening so got them removed after one year so this is a revision for me...My surgeon told me i had very solid scar tissue and so my breast would take longer to drop than normal. I am now 2 weeks post op and noticed that my right breast sits lower than the left. The nipple on the right also appears higher...Have my implants displaced on that side or is one side dropping before the other?

VIDEO (CLICK HERE): Implant displacement exercises

+2

The asymmetry appears relatively subtle and it is quite early after surgery. Exercises may be of benefit as mentioned. See the video I have prepared below by clicking more.

One Breast Lower than the other after Surgery

+2

I would recommend massaging the left one down and leave the right one alone. From the photo you posted, this method should help. 

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Placement after reaug

+1
The hardest thing to reccomend to a patient is time, but in your case I think doing anything other than gentle massage wouldn't be prudent. You are only a few weeks out, allow your body to heal and trust your surgeon. Best of luck

Thomas B. Lintner, MD, FACS

Implant Position

+1

Your surgery was performed only two weeks ago and I would urge you to be patient. Your asymmetry is minor and should improve with time. It may take up to two to three months for your implants to settle and soften so please be patient. Continue the massage exercises prescribed by your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him. I think things will work out well if you give it time.

Richard Linderman, MD

Breast assymetry after surgery

+1

It is common for breast implants to be high after surgery.  A breast band that puts pressure on your implants or a cross breast band to push one side selectively would be of benefit.

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon