Why Have My Eyes Become Hollow and Crepeyness/wrinkling Under Eye when Smiling? (photo)

6 Weeks Post Op Blepharoplasty  (Lower Lid) Eyes Became Hollow and Crepeyness/wrinkling Under Eye when Smiling Also Dark Cirlcle. I had blepharoplasty (lower eyelid) last feb. 7, 2013 and i'm really disappointed with the result.. It's been 6 weeks now and I can see some hollowness, dark circle and crepeyness/wrinkes whenever i am smiling.. Before my surgery, I never had those just minimal puffiness and some fine lines .. but now my eyes is more a disaster.. I made a lot of research from the internet about fat grafting.. Is this safe and the best solution?

Blepharoplasty at 6 weeks

+2

At 6 weeks after blepharoplasty, it is too early to see the final result. Give it 6 months or more.  Good luck.

Hollow lower lids post blpharoplasty

+1

your options are as follows(1) do nothing for 6 mos.,use make-up as needed.(2) build up the infraorbital ridge with radiasse or hyaluronic acid product to fill in the concavity and treat the hyperpigmented skin with b.i.d. skin bleaching agent. It takes months to lighten hyperpigmented skin, sometimes a cream with retin a,1%steroids, and the skin bleaching cream  together will work. (3) laser resurfacing may or may not be an option, depending on many factors.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Classic lower eyelid depletion.

+1

My best advise is to do very little for 6 to 12 months.  Chasing this problem will cause you to make poor choices that will in all likelihood further damage your lower eyelids.  Examples include early laser resurfacing, skin pinch surgery, etc.  Careful under eye fillers will help you get through the worst of this.  At 6 to 12 months as things have settled down, it will be possible to make better choices.

Hollowing after blepharoplasty

+1

I suspect Restylane injections into the lower eyelids would help with the hollowing. I usually recommend waiting until three months after surgery, but will sometimes do this earlier if it looks like the swelling after surgery is completely gone. Make sure to find a doctor who is experienced with this procedure. Good luck.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon