I'm 3 Weeks Post Op BLA..is my Shape Normal? (photo)

I believe that my left implant, I have 225 mod + filled to 250 on each side, has dropped some. The right is still a bit high. I wanted to stay around a DD, which was my size before. I realize that perfect symmetry isn't possible but this is freaking me out!

Post op breast surgery

+2

Hi,

Dont be freaked out at all you are doing great!!!

You had significant asymmetry in your preoperative photos and that has largely been corrected. It takes some time for the swelling and the implants to settle so there is still more improvement to come, but at this stage I would say everything is looking good.

All the best

Richard Bloom

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

No one has "mirror image" breasts

+2

Thanks for your question and photo. I think you look great! You had a significant asymmetry preoperatively and therefore your postop result will reflect that. It appears that you have just a little more swelling on the right. Be patient and with time they will probably continue to become more similar. Best of Luck!

Three weeks after lift and augmentation

+2

At three weeks you are still healing. Give it more time and then re-evaluate it. Remember some asymmetry is normal.

Too Soon To Tell After Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

A couple of things: before pictures are helpful because it helps us to see where you started. Secondly, as the other doctors have mentioned it's much too soon to tell. Even if you need/want a revision down the road, I wouldn't recommend doing it until you're at least six months post-op. So, just try to relax over the next few months, keep in contact with your surgeon and reevaluate down the road. 

Don't get freaked out, it's still too early

+2

It is much too soon to get upset as you are in the middle of the healing phase.  You have to give it at least 2-3 months for everything to settle down.  It looks like the 2 pictures are reversed from each other so one must have been taken at the mirror.  Stay calm and follow up with your doctor.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

+2

Hello. Three weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

I'm 3 Weeks Post Op BLA..is my Shape Normal?

+2

It appears that one implant is still high riding, and that is not at all unusual this early after surgery, as the pectoral muscles begin to relax each at its own pace. Usually, but not always, the handed side takes longer to settle. Allow at least 3 months.

Patience.

All the best. 

Is My Shape Normal at 3 Weeks Post Op?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos!  You look like you are healing well at 3 weeks post-op but you are still swollen and healing. Try to be patient and give it another few months before you re-evaluate.  Remember, no one is perfectly symmetrical and you did have very asymmetrical breasts pre-operatively and have had a good result thus far.  Give it time and make sure to go to your follow up visits with your surgeon.  

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What is normal after an augmentation lift?

+1

The results can vary considerably and yours are 'normal'.  You should be focused on having your implants equal in the upper poles as nipples can always be adjusted later and often in the office under local.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns and follow advice given to give yourself the best possible results.