4 Weeks Post Op BA with Uneven Pain and Swelling and A Little Bit of Fluid? (photo)

Unders 300cc on 3/27. The smallest tasks make the right ache (I'm left handed). 10 days post op I told my PS that the right hurts much worse; he was nonchalant. Told my gyno last week, she ordered a US. I was told that there's a small sliver of fluid right next to the implant and that it's too small/risky to aspirate. The pain/swelling has not improved and is worse at the end of the day (it's manageable with Motrin). Appointment with my PS on 5/6, should I wait until then or see him now? What about CC?

Pain and swelling 4 weeks after BA.

+2

Hi,

I know that four weeks can seem like a long time after surgery and persistent pain or swelling can make you anxious but it really takes much longer for these post operative symptoms to settle down.

Practically every patient reports that one side always feels more painful than the other. I think this is most likely due to bruising in the muscle on the more tender side. It should settle as the bruising resolves.

A sliver of fluid too small to aspirate safely is most unlikely to cause long term problems and should resolve spontaneously as well.

Your photos show a good result for four weeks and appearances  should get better as the months go by.

Despite all thing appearing to be on track it would still be worthwhile contacting your surgeon's office. Reassurance is always better if it comes from your surgeon directly.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast aug

+2

Hi,

The first thing I would  say is everything looks absolutely normal and you look like you have an excellent result. 

It  takes months to completely overcome any operation. In that time you will experience many unusual feelings that we can't always explain. My advice is if its not getting worse and is controlled with simple pain killers then its nothing to worry about.

The fluid around your implant is normal and expected it is not related to capsular contracture at all. 

All the best for the rest of your recovery

Richard

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Pain After #BreastAugmentation

+2

It is quite common to have asymmetric pain after any surgical procedure as well as a little fluid around the implant. The risk is significant to place a needle near the implant and it is not clear that anything needs to be done. Be patient as much of this will resolve with time, but continue with close follow up with your surgeon.

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Asymmetrical pain not uncommon after breast aumentation

+2

Having more pain on side versus the other is fairly common after breast augmentation especially when put under the muscle.  If the pain is excruciating then yes I would see the PS right away.  If it is controlled with motrin, then I would suggest waiting.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Pain at five weeks post breast augmentation

+2

It is not unusual to have some fluid around the implant at five weeks.  The pain should continue to improve over the next six weeks.  Time will tell.  If you are concerned, you should certainly address  this with your surgeon.  Capsular contracture at this point is unlikely.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Pain and Swelling and A Little Bit of Fluid

+2

Asymmetric pain is pretty much the rule after breast surgery. The photo looks like the breasts are quite even. 

Since we rarely get ultrasounds so early, it is hard to know what it means. In breast re-operative surgery it is not uncommon to find small amounts of fluid which were not indicative of any sort of problem. 

Advice--send the results to your surgeon, speak on the phone, and he can decide if you should be seen earlier than your scheduled appearance. 

Looks like a nice result. All the best. 

4 Weeks Post Op BA with Uneven Pain and Swelling and A Little Bit of Fluid?

+1

The posted photo demonstrates an excellent early result! But your description of this discomfort can occur though not usual. Allow at least 8 weeks hireling. I might consider external ultrasound therapy. 

Breast augmentation 4 weeks ago and pain

+1

If you have significant fluid and pain then you should see your doctor right away. Hard to say without more information or an exam.