Im 3 Weeks Post Op and Worried my Nose is Going to Stay Crooked? (photo)

my nose was always looked different from each side but it was never this off center and crooked looking especially from the front profile and under profile. ever since my surgery it looks very obviously crooked and horribley off center from the front! one side my nose looks longer then the other side. Im very skeptical its going to "fix itself" as ive been told. How is it going to move to one side and shrink in some parts while grow in others. my nostrils were also left different shapes...

+1

ONLY 3 weeks and the posted photos really DO NOT demonstrate a true deviation??? Please allow at least 3 months healing. 

Crooked nose 3 weeks post-op

+1

It has only been three weeks, so you still have a long time to go for full healing. One year, and sometimes even longer for revision rhinoplasty it what it takes to get fully thru the entire healing process.  Make sure to follow up with your surgeon

Nostril asymmetry

+1

I certainly see what you are talking about. Is this nose taped in the worm's eye view as well?  That ,may be contributing to your issue. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty and Concerns for Crooked Nose

+1

It is little difficult to evaluate the frontal picture on the far right due to the tape present.  I can appreciate your nostril symmetry concern.  I will say that at 3 weeks swelling is most definitely playing a role, and the scar is in its hardening phase.  Sometimes the nostril scars can harden and after softening assume a more natural shape.  Your plastic surgeon should be your best source of information.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Sinfullysexyxo, I do see the asymmetry you are discussing however I also see that your nose is currently taped. I personally do not use tape post splint removal however the fashion in which your nose is currently taped may be making your nostrils appear asymmetric. I would wait until your tape is removed to further evaluate your recovery. Frequent appointments with your surgeon should be helpful in keeping you informed and setting your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD