Im About 4 Weeks Post Op and I Had Vaser Lipo on my Upper Amd Lower Abs, Flanks, Back Rolls and Hips?

Almost four Weeks later I have more hips than what I want left over. I still see some back rolls. And I have these wiers lumps around my belly button and upper abdomen. Is this normal? Or am I rushing the results....still tender/ sore....

VASER lipo post op

+1

Dear Mandita, any lumps, bumps, swelling & soreness post VASER are pretty common and it could take 6-8 weeks for them to subside in some cases. We advise our patients lymphatic massages 7-10 days post op which reduces the swelling and the stiffness significantly. In addition to the massage, pressure garment 24x7 are a must. Give it time. All the best.

India Plastic Surgeon

Still swoolen after 4 weeks post Vaser

+1

Swelling, lumpiness and tenderness after Vaser is common and can last up to 42 days in some cases as our study showed.

Your compression garment wearing is paramount with additional sponge pads for extra compression on critical areas like around umbilicus and where natural grooves and hollows between muscle groups should be (like mid-line of the abdomen), lymphatic drainage massage, machine derived adjuvant treatments th and gentle exercise will aid recovery. Your surgeon also should check you for collection of seroma fluid between skin and muscle layers.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

4 Weeks post-op from VASER Lipo

+1

At 4 weeks post operative from VASER Liposuction, there is still swelling.  Typically, most of the swelling is gone by 6-8 Weeks.  Wearing a compressive garment 24/7 for 2 months and getting lymphatic massage and external ultrasound help expedite the healing process.  Be patient and wait the necessary time to see the final results.  If any revision needs to be done I typically wait a minimum of 4 months post-operative.  Consult with your surgeon if you have any concerns.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

Less than a month after liposuction there will be considerable swelling that can mask final results. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA