2 Weeks Post Op and Rippling and Bottoming Out? (photo)

1st BA 8 yrs ago 365cc overs, looked amazing, since had 2 babies lost size, fullness etc, I found a new PS in my area and 2 weeks ago had surgery to change to Natrelle TSX560cc overs and I am so disappointed. I have terrible rippling in cleavage and upper pole and they already seem to be bottoming out. I specifically wanted that bigger, fuller, firmer, faker look with lots of upper pole. My PS had told me I have to wait 6 months and see what happens but I really dont know where to go from here???

Early disappointment following implant revision

+1

With an increase in implant size from 365 to 560 you certainly would get a change in your breast shape and size.  If these are high profile implants they will also be  rounder. The implants do not appear to be bottoming out as you mentioned.  With a round device you can only get as much upper pole fullness as the base width allows otherwise the implant will hang over the size  and cause other problems. 

Concerns after Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is still very early in your recovery phase ( and waiting a period of 3 to 6 months is certainly advisable prior to evaluating the end results of surgery),  in may very well be that additional surgery will be necessary to achieve your goals.

For example, it is clear that most of the breast implant volume is located inferiorly,  leaving very little volume superiorly (minimal upper pole volume). Down the line, revisionary surgery may be necessary to improve this situation.  This revision may involve decreasing the space inferiorly ( with internal suture technique)  and opening/filling the space superiorly.

This type of revisionary surgery is best done as close to one year postoperatively as possible.

2 Weeks Post Op and Rippling and Bottoming Out?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. In my opinion they look fake with NO bottoming out. Yes if you want larger ask for the revision at 6 months. 

Rippling and bottoming out

+1

Thank you for the question and the pictures. You are only two weeks out from surgery and it is too early to determine the results. My advice for you is to communicate your concern with your plastic surgeon and take his/her advice. It is not uncommon for patients to be concerned the first few weeks after surgery and that period right after surgery can be emotionally challenging. Waiting for six months is a good advice. Best wishes

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

+1

Choosing a size for a new implant patient can be a challenge, but is easy compared with changing sizes for a patient who already has implants. I often suggest a "rice test", in which patients get a loose fitting sports bra and fill a nylon stocking with rice until they reach the desired size, and measure the rice volume to get at least some idea of how much larger an implant to use. And it is not foolproof. (Going down a size is even tougher in that there is no such aid to help decide.)

As far as ripples go, sometimes they are visible, but I don't see them on the photos. Usually, they are only palpable, and of course you can only feel them, not see them. 

As far as bottoming out, I would need to see the pre-op photos to see if there is a change.On the side view it looks like the incision is right at the fold. If the surgeon used the previous incision, it may be that the bottoming out had already occurred with your first implants.

I do agree with your surgeon that waiting is in your interest. There will be some changes that occur over the first  3 months at least, and that is a reasonable time to consider revision surgery.

Thanks for your question, and the photos attached are very helpful. Best wishes.