I Am 5 Weeks Post Op and Where I Had my Drain Hasn't Heal and is Draining a Clear Fluid. Is This Normal? (photo)

Late Drainage

It is somewhat unusual to still have drainage 5 weeks postop from a drain site. This may suggest a low grade infection or residual foreign body.  Consult with your surgeon regarding this problem.  Best wishes.

Draining incision after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question about drainage 5 weeks after a tummy tuck.

• This is not normal tummy tuck healing.
  • See your surgeon for assessment and treatment of your tummy tuck.
  • Usual causes are a suture, local infection or residual piece of drain.
  • Properly treated, this is likely to heal in about 2 weeks.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Draining a Clear Fluid. Is This Normal?

This is not what I would call normal, but absent any findings of infection, nor would I call this alarming. However, a call to your surgeon is in order. After some given and take on the phone, an office visit can be arranged if needed. All the best. 

Oozzing from drain site?

Hello and thanks for posting. In general, draining from the drain wound at this stage (5 weeks) is not normal. However, it is also not always worrisome. The best you can do is to have an examination by your plastic surgeon to determine the cause. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD