I'm 4 Weeks Post Op After Tummy Tuck Should I Be Working in a Strenuous Environment?

I work with ups and fedex shipping. I am lifting up to 30lbs and bending over all day. Is this dangerous?

Time Off work for FEDEX and UPS employee

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for postoperative care. Patients generally can return to light activity 7 to 10 post surgery. More strenuous activity can generally begin 2 to 6 months post surgery.  Consult with your surgeon as he or she understands the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Lifting Heavy Objects may interfere with the Healing Process after a Tummy Tuck.

+1

If your work keeps you sedentary, you may return back to work whenever you feel up to it.  If your work is strenuous, you should wait until your work activity does not cause pain (typically 6 weeks after surgery) .  Over working your body and lifting heavy objects may interfere with the healing process after surgery.  Additional time requested off may be needed from work. 

Leonard Hochstein, MD

Tummy Tuck And Strenuous Activity?

+1

Although it is always best to check with your own plastic surgeon about specific recommendations regarding return to activities/work,  common sense tells me that your work is probably too strenuous for you to perform safely for weeks after tummy tuck surgery.

I would suggest communicating with your plastic surgeon and requesting additional time off or modified duty.

Returning to work after abdominoplasty

+1
I generally recommend that patients with jibs which involve lifting take off from work for three weeks postop and then return to light duty for another few weeks thereafter. This is always a wise thing to clarify with an employer prior to the surgery. There are techniques for lifting which should place less strain on the abdomen.

Robert L. Kraft, MD