7 Weeks Post-lipo, Troubling Results? (photo)

Male, 49, reasonable shape, had lipo on my belly 7 weeks ago. Photos are attached showing the results. A sharp indentation just below stomach, then even bigger than before around my navel, which is also deeper than before. Doctor said after 2 weeks it is fluid that will drain. Now he says it is fibrous tissue that will stay. This looks awful - I had a little extra before, but looked natural, now deformed. I would be grateful for any advice from doctors.

7 Weeks Post-lipo, Troubling Results?

+1

It's hard to say without seeing preop photos and knowing exactly what was done but it can take a long time to see the results of lipo; 4-6 weeks for 85%, 3 months for 95% and up to six months or more for 100%.  That being said, at 7 weeks you should most likely not be bigger than you were before surgery.  You should speak with your PS, consider an ultrasound or CT Scan to make sure there isn't fluid still trapped in there and, finally, consider another opinion.  If it is fibrous tissue it may be amenable to a revision at some point, but that's something you'll need to talk to your PS about.

Sorry for the problem.

Dr. E

Seven weeks is too early to make a judgment about liposuction.

+1

Final appraisal of the results of liposuction are not done differently six months. Listen to your surgeon.

Swelling after liposuction

+1

Hi

You need to allow some more time for any swelling to settle. Massage and a pressure vest may help.

You need to be examined to see the nature of the swelling. Any fluid needs to be drained. Any left over fat may need further liposuction.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

7 Weeks Post-lipo, Troubling Results?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the posted photos. It is difficult to offer any advice except for PATIENCE for a couple of reasons---

• There are no pre-op photos for comparison
  • Seven weeks is way to early to assess outcome. Many irregularities are related to postop swelling and resolve with nice results. 

Do follow closely with your surgeon. All the best. 

7 weeks after liposuction

+1

At 7 weeks after liposuction you are likely still swollen. You also may need to massage the area to help with the differential swelling and /or tight tissues.

7 Weeks after Liposuction and Concerned

+1

You will need 6 months or more before your results can be appreciated.  Massage may help with breaking scar bands if they are forming or have formed, but you should receive instructions on postoperative care from your surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Too early for final results

+1

I agree that it is still early to fully asses results. I do also recommend that you start some form of massage therapy. Manual massage will help to flatten uneven areas and the addition of ultrasound massage will also help to flatten and relax any "fibrous tissue". I would also recommend the continued use of your abdominal binder for support and even pressure. If all of these issues do not help to resolve your uneven abdomen at 6 months then a revision may need to be done.

Best of luck.

Arturo H. Armenta, MD

Liposuction Results

+1

Thanks for posting this question.  At seven weeks, it is hard to make any final conclusions as to your final results because of all of the swelling that is present.  It takes about six months to see your final results.  Be patient, and if you have any issues once the swelling is gone, return to your surgeon to re-consult.  Best wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon