4 Weeks Post Lipo Brown Scars and Marks After Vaser Lipo - Will They Go Away?

I had a vaser lipo on the flanks 4 weeks ago and I see lot of red scars. I am afraid these should not be permanent. how long does it take to completely go away? and skin look normal. I am 32 male. I was planning the same procedure on neck. looking at the abdomen result Is there a risk of permanent marks of scars on the neck?

Vaser Lipo

+2

These sound like port access sites and should heal over 4-6 weeks, and be barely visible a year later. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

VASER Liposuction: Pigmentation and scars

+2

VASER Liposuction is a trade name for Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction (UAL) which utilizes ultrasound energy to heat the fat and dissolve it. It is great for firmer areas like the outer thighs. It is commonly followed by standard suction assisted liposuction which aspirates the liquified fat. The VASER cannulas do get hot and should be used with a skin protector and avoid contact with the undersurface and outer skin. This direct heat can cause pigmentation and even burns. Pigmentation and redness can be a normal part of the healing process, so I would return to your liposuction surgeon and discuss what these areas represent. Typically the liposuction scars will fade over time.