6 Weeks Post Lipo Abs, Flanks, Inner Thighs and Back, Was Told I Was Fibrous After my Surgery. What Does That Mean?

large knots under the skin 6 weeks after ab, flank lipo. Biggest problem is abs. Bumpy lower ab, when compression garmet is removed. Scars from burns caused by garment rubbing against bruised area took 2 weeks to heel. Still not sure what that was. on my 6 lymphatic massage w/ zerona treatment. I was told I was FIBRUS, WHAT IS THAT? mild improvements. I am still in pain on my sides. As soon as I take off the garment hours later my deformed shape returns. Will take much change in 6 more weeks?

Fibrous tissue in liposuction.

+2

Simply stated, this means that the amount of connective tissue was more apparent than usual. Certain areas of our body have more connections from the under surface of the skin to the muscle fascia. Some of these areas are so rigid we refer to them as "zones of adherence." Passing a liposuction cannula through these areas can be difficult. The "burns" can occur from rubbing of the garment. These usually heal uneventfully with conservative wound care. Overall, it sounds as though you had a significant liposuction procedure. It can take several months for the swelling to resolve. Stay patient and follow your surgeon's instructions.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction over fibrous areas

+2

When your surgeon described certain areas as 'fibrous' he may have meant the some areas, particularly over the back of flank may have more connective tissue. These areas respond less well to liposuction and often do better with ultrasound to adequately remove and contour the fat.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Fibrous Tissue During Liposuction

+2

Your surgeon may be suggesting that the tissue under the skin had more thicker connective tissue than fat. Your final results may take 3 to 6 months so give it some time. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Liposuction and postop bumps

+2

In my patients I recommend massage as early as possible and as much is possible. I don't use ultrasound or any other treatment other than the hands-on massage. I find that after surgery the skin is numb and anything that creates heat may burn the patient and this happened to one of my patients withUltrasound after the liposuction and fat injection.

In my experience the back and the flank fat is more fibrous than the fat on the front of the stomach. If you have lumps after surgery massaging his lumps aggressively and frequently is your best chance of getting a smooth result. The other thing I do is use a soft garment with no clips are zippers. When the garments are to tight or the material is too heavy and folds when you sit down I've had problems with indentations caused by the garments that can leave a lumpy feeling.

In my patients and may take 3 to 4 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve and start to get the final look. It's my recommendation to attack these lumps now with massage because if you leave them too long they may not go away.

Wendell Perry, MD

Pain post lipo

+1

Since you are only 6 weeks out you have a long way to go.Your symptoms are noit uncommon and should,given more time,go away.I think heat and massage will speed up the resolution.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon