4 Weeks Post Full TT Without/lipo and Unhappy With Results. Do I Need Lipo? (photo)

Will be going back to my doctor on the 6th of Jan right now im still very depressed.From what ive gotton so far it looks like she should have done Lipo on my flanks :/ im still longer then before..Now my ? is What are my chances with lipo will i have a much better results?..An can lipo be done at her office? i had my surgery done at the hopspital.An what kinda price am i looking at for lipo? .On my left side the scar goes back farer then my right side.She said i didnt need lipo at the time of the surgery.

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+2

Some surgeons are reluctant to do liposuction during a tummy tuck, often for larger volumes, or as health history may dictate. Of course, you can have liposuction after a tummy tuck to thin the abdomen and hip and flank. Your tummy tuck looks quite well at four weeks. We suggest full healing and a return to fitness before you consider more.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Looks like nice early abdominoplasty result

+1

without benefit of preop photos, it would appear you have a very reasonable abdominoplasty result at only 4 weeks out. raise your concerns with your surgeon, but expect to be told to be patient...healing to the point of "final"  result takes many months.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction after tummy tuck

+1

Since you are only 4 weeks out from surgery, I would recommend that you wait at least two more months before considering liposuction.  There is still swelling to resolve and the tissue need to settle.  It is safe to do liposuction after tummy tuck, so don't worry.  In general, I perform liposuction at the time of the tummy tuck, but many surgeons do not.  

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tummy Tuck Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

At 4 weeks after tummy tuck surgery,  is much too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure. Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  a complete skin redraping  to occur.

I would suggest you wait at least 6 months ( preferably one year) before evaluating the results of surgery.  Until then continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

You mentioned " depression”;  severe emotional ups and downs are quite common after plastic surgical procedures.  It will be in your best interests to stay as emotionally  even keeled as possible.  I recommend to my patients that they occupy their minds for the first several months after surgery to allow for the healing process to occur.