3 Weeks Post Breast Lift with Augmentation?

During surgery my ps found that I still had "a little" milk in my right breast(3 months post bfing), so put a drain on that side only. Now 3 weeks post surgery and there are still no signs of the fluid output decreasing. The output has been around 50cc daily and isn't going down. Also the fluid is still redish and hasn't started turning the straw color ps says it should. I have done nothing but lay around all day since surgery. Is there anything that would help dry this up? And is this unusual?

Recovery after Breast Lift Los Angeles

+1

Compression may help reduce overall fluid output in the drain.  This will likely resolve with conservative draining and compression alone. Be patient. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/breasts/40/breast-lift-mastopexy.aspx

Drainage

+1

Sometimes it is helpful to inject a "sclerosing agent" such as betadine, tetracycline, or alcohol into the drain of some long draining incisions, but around a new implant I would be hesitant. Patience, close follow up with your surgeon are best options now. 

High drain output after breast augmentation and lift

+1

I'm sorry to hear that your drain output has not come down.  You may want to ask your PS about better compression of the breast.  Given that surgical techniques vary, your surgeon is the best person to address your concerns.  Also, since you have an implant and a drain in place for a prolonged period, you may want to ask your PS about antibiotic prophylaxis. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com