6 Weeks Post BA One Higher and Not Near As?

I got 720cc teardrop unders in each breast. My left looks AMAZING but right doesn't. It has "dropped" but it looks.and feels (to me) that my peck muscle won't let go at the bottom pushing all the saline up?i feel alot of breast tissue still on and under right breast, none on left. When i push down on the.bulge it looks great & fills out &they measure the same,13' around each, but goes right back up after and not near as full. What is causing this? I.hate how they are so diff shapes

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Good description of your situation, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific meaningful advice and/or reassurance.

Generally speaking, some degree of breast implant pocket asymmetry and differential “settling” of the breast implants is commonly seen after breast augmentation surgery. Whether or not this will be a long-term issue that may benefit from revisionary breast surgery will need to be evaluated anywhere six months to one year after the procedure was performed.

In the meantime, I would suggest continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

One breast higher than the other 6 weeks post op

+1

You need to continue to massage the right breast to help it drop.  Wearing a bandeau bra 24/7 can help this as well.  Be patient and it may drop and settle out just fine.  Make sure you are doing the exercises exactly as your surgeon has taught you.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Textured Anatomical Implants Are More Difficult to Settle

+1

In general, textured anatomical implants take longer to settle than their smooth round counterparts.  It can take up to three months, although at 6 weeks they should be fairly close to each other.  Massaging the implant can help, but the texturing may hold it in position more than necessary.  Give it another 6 weeks, and if it still sits higher, you may need to have the implant adjusted surgically.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

A picture worth a thousand words

+1

There are books discussing breast surgery, and without seeing before and after photos the list of possibilities is long and details vague. It's likely you had pre-exisiting asymmyetry and this would affect your results. Discuss your results and ask to review your photos with your plastic surgeon.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1

Difficult to answer without photos.  You are still in the healing phase, and I would expect the implant to continue to drop.  As mentioned below, implants often drop at different rates.  That being said, I would recommend that you touch base with your surgeon, as you could be developing early capsular contracture.  Certainly, at this point, I would recommend continued massage and possibly superior pole banding. Good luck.

Anthony Deboni, MD
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon

+1

As always is the case, our ability to offer advice is hampered when there are no photos. It is quite common for one or both implants to appear to be high riding early on in the recovery period. It can take 3-6 months for the implants to drop, and commonly they do so at different rates. 

Massage  and pectoral bands may help with this--discuss with your surgeon. 

All the best.