6 Weeks Post BA and Left Looking Like a Double Bubble? (photo)

Breasts look totally different after 6 weeks post BA. I am concerned about the left breast having a double bubble appearance. My next follow up with PS is July 2nd. I would love to get opinions about this as I have relayed my concerns but he keeps telling me its fine. It just doesn't look fine to me. Thank you in advance

There is a suggestion of a double bubble on the left after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and submitting your photos. From your photographs it appears there may be a suggestion of double bubble on the left side. Be sure to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Breast implant double bubble

+1

I would wait 2-3 months before making any final judgements.  Then, the pockets can be adjusted if you're still experiencing a double bubble.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Double bubble?

+1

At 6 weeks it is a bit early. THis may stretch out and I would wait at least 4-6 months for things to settle.

6 Weeks Post BA and Left Looking Like a Double Bubble?

+1

I would give this additional time to determine if a revision will be necessary.  In addition, if there was constriction on that side, the implant may be in the right place.  Very difficult to speculate without more information and an exam.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Repeated question.

+1

This was a repeated question from the previous day or two. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions! 

Early double bubble problem following breast augmentation

+1

You do have a slight indentation on the breasts.  Give it time and it may stretch out.   Have your surgeon recheck the area at 3 to 6  months.  

Double Bubble

+1

Although an actual exam is far better at making this diagnosis, it does appear that the left implant may be positioned below the breast fold. If that is the case, a surgical procedure to recreate the fold in the appropriate position will be helpful in achieving a better result. 

All the best. 

An implant placed too low during breast augmentation will not correct itself.

+1

Placement of implants below the infra mammary fold will not correct itself without a surgical procedure. The picture is not completely revealing but it looks as though another procedure will be necessary.

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Based on your pictures, although it is difficult to tell for sure, it may be that you are dealing with a left breast implant “displacement”,  below the level of the inframammary fold area. If this is indeed the case, best verified by direct physical examination, revisionary breast surgery may be helpful to you.  The use of internal sutures, capsulorraphy,  may be very helpful in improving the position  of the left breast implant.  You may find the attached link discussing these types of revisionary breast operations helpful to you.

Double Bubble after breast augmentation

+1

Looks like you probably had a high inframammary fold pre operatively and a dual plane approach was done.  What you are seeing  is not really a double bubble but the transition from the tight breast tissue to the implant.  If the dual plane technique was used this will likely resolve but could take 6 months or more.  Pre operative photos would helpful but from what I see would not reoperate at this time. 

William Koenig, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon