7 Weeks PO Rhinoplasty and Crease/indentation in the Tip of Nose?

Dear All, I'm still very unhappy with my nose and I am 7 weeks PO now. The concern I have is that I have now noticed a deep crease/indentation on my tip, sort of where the nostril groove is. Is this asymmetry in swelling or possibly an error? My surgeon did some tip work. I saw him last week but I didn't notice this until later. I am now scared I will be permanently left like this. I have included some photos and a before photo too. Will this resolve over time? Please help.

Rhinoplasty Recovery Swelling

+1

At 7 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery, it is too early to tell. Swelling can last for quite some time.

Considerable swelling in the tip seven weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

There is still sizable swelling in the tip seven weeks. However, the groove looks as though it's generated by the edge of the lower lateral cartilage. I would be pessimistic that this will improve over time.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Groove in nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 7 weeks, there may still be swelling in the tip. An examination by your surgeon may clarify the situation.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I can definitely appreciate your concerns.  I would follow with your surgeon.  If you need a revision after a few more months, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php