3 weeks Post Operation for Breast Augmentation, should I be concerned with differences in each side? (photos)

I'm about 18 days post op breast augmentation, and a few days ago noticed that my right breast is not flush with the skin at the bottom as the left one is, it sticks out a bit. It also feels as though the right breast implant is farther on the side. There is also increased sensitivity in this breast, almost to the point that it hurts. Should I be concerned or is this just normal recovery? (Implants are Natrelle style 168 moderate profile, textured, filled to 400 cc if this matters)

Need to wait

+1
You would need to wait at least 3 to 6 months.  Having more asymmetry at this stage is normal.  Speak to your plastic surgeon.

Breast asymmetry

+1
Each breast is a bit different.  At 18 days you need to give it time to settle down. This can take several months.

Breast augmentation recovery

+1
It is normal to have one side making more progress than the other.  At less than 3 weeks out you are doing well.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS