5+ Weeks Since Male Breast Liposuction, Still Very Painful, When Will It Stop Hurting?

I had liposuction to my breast area and underarms on May 25, 2012. It is still very painful. It only seems to be marginally better, but not day by day, rather week by week. Will the pain resolve and when?

PAIN FOR UP TO TEN WEEKS AFTER LIPO NOT UNCOMMON BUT SEEK RELIEF AND CONSULT WITH YOUR SURGEON

+1

Liposuction can be very painful.  As I say, lipo sucks. 

Pain even 5 weeks out is not abnormal and is more common in very fibrous, dense male breast tissue.  I would suggest pain medication, anti-inflammatories, and compression.  The pain will go down but it may take another 4 to 5 weeks.  If the pain continues, however, I would follow up with your local plastic surgeon.

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

In our practice we like to tell our patient that it varies depending on each patient, everyone’s pain tolerance is complexly different. Usually a few weeks and you feel better. If you having pain 5 weeks post-surgery make sure you see your surgeon to address this concern.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS